Alu parantha is any punjabi's favorite breakfast. Here's the recipe.
2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/4 onion, finely chopped
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 tsp of carom seeds (ajwain)
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chili powder
5 tbsp ghee
- Mix well onions, green, chilies, carom seeds, garam masala , red chili powder and salt with the mashed potatoes.
- Make a small ball out of roti dough and roll it into a circle.
- apply about 1/4th tsp of ghee to the dough circle and place 1/4th of the alu paste on the dough.
- close the dough circle so that it is stuffed with the alu paste.
- roll it out gently with the help of some dry flour
- heat a flat griddle and place the rolled parantha on it. let it cook on both sides by applying ghee until it becomes golden brown
- serve with achar and yogurt. enjoy !