Wednesday, October 20, 2010
here's the recipe...
2 C boiled tukda rice or basmati rice
2 C yogurt
1 tbsp roasted chana
1/2 C peanuts
1 tsp rai
1 strand of kadi patta (curry leaves)
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
a pinch of hing
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1) Boil rice a little more than usual because we dont want the rice to be grainy.
2) Let rice cool. Mix yogurt in rice. Ad more yogurt if necessary for a semi liquid consistency.
2) For Tadka, in a small pan, add oil, let it heat up, add hing and peanuts.
3) Once peanuts turn brown, add salt, rai, chana, kadi patta, ginger garlic paste and let them cook for about a minute.
4) Add this tadka to the yogurt and rice mixture and mix very well.
5) Serve with pickles.