Friday, January 9, 2009
This is a recipe which did not get to me in the first time ....took me around 3-4 tries to make it perfect :) Anyway , Banana Nut Muffin is my husband's favorite and i made it for his office party and it turned out really well, everybody appreciated it. So i decide to put it on the blog..
3 medium bananas
1/2 C walnuts, chopped
2 C all purpose flour
1 C sugar or 1/2 C splenda
3/4 C butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
11/2 teaspoon baking soda
1) Mash 1 banana coarsely and keep aside.
2) slice the other 2 bananas in a big mixing bowl and add sugar . Mix with a hand mixer for good 4-5 minutes until a smooth paste is formed.
3) Add eggs , vanilla , melted butter, salt , baking soda and mix well .
4) Slowly add the all purpose flour part by part so that no lumps are formed and keep mixing with the mixer.
5) Fold in chopped walnuts and the coarsely mashed bananas into the batter with a spatula.
6) Grease a muffin tin with melted butter and fill half of each cup with batter so that it doesn't fall off when it swells.
7) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.
Serves: 12(one each)